On the afternoon and evening of December 15, 2021, our region was impacted by severe storms, high wind gusts and tornadic activity. For specific outage information effecting our area, see the Iowa Association of Electric Cooperatives Outage Map. At 11:16AM on December 16, there remains approximately 951 Woodbury County REC members without power due to downed electric infrastructure.
Current system status is as follows:
- 4 transmission poles went down between Moville and Kingsley on Knox Avenue. Our power and transmission services provider, NIPCO, is working to replace. These should be repaired by 5PM 12/16/2021.
- 1 transmission pole went down between L2 (Kingsley) to K212 Remsen Muni. This has been repaired.
Three Substations that serve Woodbury County REC members have not been energized and remain open at this time. They are:
- Moville (Woodbury County REC) - re-energized at 6PM
- Climbing Hill (Woodbury County REC) - re-energized at 6PM
- Anthon (Woodbury County REC) - estimated to be online by 8:00PM 12/16/2021
There are several locations that NIPCO will be monitoring as they are impacted by MEC (MidAmerican Energy) infrastructure. NIPCO crews are addressing damage in priority areas to get as many members back online as soon as possible. Your patience is appreciated.
For additional information that may be helpful to our members during outage events, please see our other news stories: